Now that you’ve selected few venues, you will need to prepare a list of questions that are primordial before choosing the lovely place.
1. Wedding Date:
– Is our date available?
– Is there another wedding at the same date?
– What is the capacity of the venue for ceremony and dinner?
– Can we hold a ceremony and reception? Are there additional charges?
– Is the venue licensed for Civil Ceremonies?
– What is the capacity of outdoor venue?
– What’s your weather contingency plan for outdoor?
– Is it possible to have a marquee?
– When can we have the venue?
– Is there accommodation for guests and what is the capacity?
– Do you offer discount on hotel rooms for the guests staying in your accommodation?
– If the venue doesn’t offer accommodation, ask them a list of nearby hotels that they recommend.
– What is the rental fee and what does it include?
– Is there any discount for off season rental?
– How much is the deposit and when is its due?
– What is the payment schedule?
– Do you offer table, silver cutlery or do we need to rent them?
– What kind of table and setting do you propose?
– Is there a parking? If so, is it complementary?
– Is there a public transportation?
– Can I bring a band or DJ? Is there a time by which the music must end?
– Is it possible to decorate the venue as we want?
– Is there a wedding coordinator?
– When the vendors can come to decorate the venue?
– Can we use our own vendors?
– Can the photographer use flash everywhere or there are some restrictions?
7. Food and drink
– Do you have an in-house caterer, if not do you have a list of caterers you are working with? Can we use an outside caterer if there is not an in-house caterer?
– Can we do a food tasting prior selecting our menu?
– What is the cost of food and beverage per person?
– Can we bring the wedding cake from outside and is there a charge for it?
Don’t forget to take pictures and videos when you are visiting the venue.