”If one had but a single glance to give the world, one should gaze on Istanbul.” Alphonse de Lamartine.
Istanbul can be the perfect honeymoon destination! At the crossroad of two continents, East and West blend to offer the perfect combination for a romantic gateway. Experience the romance and enchantment of an Oriental city by letting yourself immerse into a millennia of fascinating history.
Arts-loving newlyweds, prepare yourself for the wonders of the city. Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Basilica Cistern, etc. give you a foretaste of what is waiting for you. Furthermore, nothing is better than crossing the Bosphorus for a cup of tea on the other side of the shore. The scenic cruise across the water is breathtaking. The trip will give you a real dimension of the city and of its highlights sites. No word can describe the feeling.
For the ones who prefer the nature, I suggest to stay in one of the Princes’ Islands; you will be more than enchanted. The calm island atmosphere is completely different from the chaos of Istanbul.
WHAT TO DO once done ticking boxes of tourist guide books, check these hidden gems suggested by Lovely Place.
– Find your magic kilim (or let it find you) at Recep Karaduman (Grand Bazar) while hearing the story behind each thread.
– Try Balik Ekmek (fish sandwich) at Buyukada Island.
– Tea lovers head to Spice Market and indulge in the endless blends and aromas of tea mixtures.
– Gourmands don’t miss the best sweets in town at Hafiz Mustafa or Karakoy Gulluoglu.
– Take a traditional bath at the monumental Kilis Ali Pasa Hamam.